Saturday 30 April 2011

I Did It Maggie's Way (30/30)

And now the time has come and so I write the final stanza
Poet friends, I'll say it clear and mention here Napowrimo's bonanza.
I've tried, yes tried so hard to follow each and every guideline
but more, much more than this, most of my poems rhyme.

Rejects, I've had a few but, then again, too few to mention,
I've changed what I had to change travelling in a new direction.
I wrote each structured verse and read aloud to make it sound right
but more, much more than this, I emailed by midnight (well mostly).

Yes there were times, oh we all knew
we'd taken on more than we could do,
we wrote all night, keeping verses tight,
we'd jot them down, move them around,
I tried them all, hit the writing wall,
but did it Maggie's way.

So now Day Thirty's here, no more to write, no competition
perhaps I'll write a book, go take a look, my special edition.
So, thanks yes thanks to you for all supportive comments rendered
'cos now, as I wipe my brow, I have surrendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment